Friday, July 15, 2011

Just call me stupid!!

I started a new quilt using Marine that I have been saving for a while now. I'm making very colourful wonky blocks with this fabric as well as solids from Kona and Bella solids, and various circles. I started putting the sashing on the blocks while I waited for more Kona coal to arrive (postal strike!) Loving how the dark gray outlines the blocks. However, when I started adding the newly arrived fabric, (postal strike over!) the colour was obviously different! Now, stupid me, doesn't know what the first gray was. I know for sure that it isn't Kona Ash as I have some of that. I guess it could be medium but I don't have any. Or it could be something else all together. I guess I have to undo the blocks I did in the "unknown" fabric and redo in coal. I really liked that first gray too! NOTE TO SELF....label your solids!!

1 comment:

Poppyprint said...

....or by a Kona colour card. Best $15 I ever spent!

1 comment:

Poppyprint said...

....or by a Kona colour card. Best $15 I ever spent!